Thursday, April 23, 2009

Welcome to Black House Creative

I started my company a little over a year ago. Marketing/Advertising is my gig. I love it. Always have been a writer with quite an imagination, so it all kinda worked out that I ended up in the creative world of business.

My whole way of thinking is this (and why I named my company with the word 'creative' attached to it): Great brands, great companies, all have one thing in common, they understand the importance of ideas and creativity.


Because that, my friends, can solve any problem you ever had, have or will have. That’s right. Smart thinking. Out-of-the-box thinking. Bold musings. The stuff that stands out and gets noticed. And when it comes to marketing communications for your brand. Getting noticed matters.

I bring ideas to the table and that's what makes a difference these days. Daniel Pink's popular book, A Whole New Mind, is all about this. You can't outsource big ideas/thinking. He says we used to be in the left-brain dominant Age of Information and now we are moving into the right-brain dominant Age of Creativity. A time when things like inventiveness and empathy will matter most.

Wow, this is what my business is all about. So finally, all of us right-brainers get our shot. Of course, you have to know how to use all those ideas and creativity in the right way and there's the rub. Too many in our industry don't.

Which is why I hope through my blog to start bringing some of that "how" to the table. I will bring insights and my thoughts on where this business is headed. Help some clients along the way and anyone else interested in keeping abreast. And I won't need any fancy, acronym-laden, proprietary process that seems mystical or magical or costs clients lots of dough either.

So, let's start talking marketing. And maybe some other fun, unrelated stuff along the way. Because fun is, above all, one of the best ways to get to great ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment