Tuesday, October 26, 2010

We interupt this Creative Marketing Blog

The last day of harvest. It was cool and foggy.


For a personal word about my local Community Supported Ag group, Goat Lady CSA of North Carolina,  of which I am a member. This was my first year learning about growing sustainable foods and harvesting and cooking with leafy greens such as kale and chard. Eating veggies like Hakuri turnips and bitter melon.



Edible art.
I loved it all and am a converted soul. No longer do I take for granted that a head of cabbage or a potato will just be waiting for me in the store. I understand how it got there. I know that I like the taste of REAL, pesticide-free food much better than store-bought, highly processed junk. Stuff that's gassed and trucked in from Chile or Mexico. It matters. Eating locally. Growing locally.

I encourage you to join a local CSA, too. It will change you forever. And if we need something right now, it's change for the good.

No comments:

Post a Comment